Monday, May 28, 2007

Inertia

An object in motion tends to stay in motion. An object at rest tends to stay at rest, unless moved upon by an outside force.

I have been an object at rest, blogwise. But I got "Bah! Update" -ed by Chrissa, Dan has started giving me a sarcastic laugh when I tell him he needs to update, and he also warns me that if I don't keep on it, I could become a spamlog like Chrissa. Oh, the horror. So here I am.

It's not that I've been "resting" in my life -- but I guess I've been transitioning and changing and my attention has been focused on a few immeasurably important things, leaving little for the "outside world." But I've been gathering strength, ideas, and a desire to stretch out, and this is a small manifestation of that attempt. My hope is that this attempt, no matter how small, will still represent motion -- one small step further into the stream, where perhaps the current will sweep me to where it becomes easier to write. Where I write simply. Where all that counts is my thoughts, and your thoughts, and I don't have to have a message that will change the world, or a smash hit of humor, or a creative unifying theme to blog about. How I long to just let this be truly an online journal -- for in my journals, when I can truly write unhindered and uninhibited, I feel like I'm swimming in myself, rich in reality. "Swimming in myself" -- sounds vain, perhaps, but for me -- who longs for fearless openness with the universe and all things in it, but because of fear treads carefully -- then an outlet where I can swim naked in my thoughts, and unafraid, is a beautiful thing.

That is all for now. But it is something, and for this, I feel triumphant and happy.

Marci

4 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Dan Dorman said...

Yay! an update at last. All it takes is one entry to disturb inertia!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Marc, that was beautiful and inspiring even though the intent may have not been to be. I have thought about you often and recognized the existence of our friendship and realized it's life without need for daily sustaining. I myself have a couple of blogs: thedandelionpostings.blogspot.com, hodderthanever.blogspot.com Nice to feel of your energy, thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your description of writing your thoughts like swimming and venturing out...and how you tied that into blogging, generally.

It's like when I'm meandering through people's blogs...and then following their links...and on and on further...that I'm falling over a series of cascades.

You never really know where it will take you. Same thing with free writing. Sometimes it's like a stream of water and then it snags on something and builds up and then spills in a new direction.

Like I said: great analogy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home